I have been involved with the NAA Coaches Development group since 1996. I have my NAA level IV certification and have taught at subsequent level 3 & 4 course at both the Lake Placid and Chula Vista training centers.
I coach privately and conduct one and two-day shooting schools at clubs and archery shops. My coaching follows the format of my latest book “Core Archery” which is founded on the definition and use of back tension. I have been shooting archery since 1955. I competed with the recurve bow until I purchased my first compound in 1976. In 1977 I was given my first release aid and have used one ever since.
I coach both finger and mechanical release styles of shooting but my specialty is the release style.
- Tuning Your Compound Bow
- Tuning & Silencing Your Bow Hunting Shooting System
- Tuning YOUR 3-D BOW (out of print)
- BOW & ARROW: A COMPLETE GUIDE
- CORE ARCHERY: Shooting With Back Tension
- Larry Wise on Coaching Archery
- Bow String and Cable Making
- CORE ARCHERY: Shooting With Back Tension (coming soon)
- Dynamic Bow Stabilization
- 1986 World Field Archery Champion, Scotland
- Five-time World Team Champion
- Many-time PA State Champion
- Many Professional Wins Including, Atlantic City, Big Sky, Ann Marston Open, Milwaukee Sentinel Open and Long Island Open
- Juniata High School, 1965
- Lycoming College, B. A. Mathematics, 1969
- Penn State University, M. ED., 1977
- NAA Level IV Certification
- NFAA Master Coach
- 2005 USA Indoor Team Coach